Friday, July 23, 2004

7/22/04 – Thursday

4 miles, 5:00pm. Sunny Hot 86 humid. It was either a good experiment, or a little stupid, but it was HOT out today and maybe I should have waited to run. I have to open at work tomorrow and I tend to not want to run late then straight home shower and hit the sack. So with that in mind I set out to do these 4 miles in the general area. I did a loop going around Windridge, out onto lakes and into Lake Hill Farms. This route is certainly hillier than the pond which is pretty flat. In the long run (no pun intended) getting some hills in is a good idea. Left the heart monitor at home, now I only looked a little like a dork! Body felt a little stiff at the get go, the heat of the day warmed me up real quick and in turn loosened me up. It was tough 4 miles today, possibly from the heat but also from unknowing of the route and having underestimated the mileage and ended up back at home about .3 miles short, had to loop around the block once. I didn’t stop sweating for about an hour after I stopped. One packet of GU and 18 oz of GU2O during the run. 4miles 40 minutes. Tougher than the last 4 miles but not bad. 10:03 avg. pace pushed a little more spending time in the 9:00’s. Side note road kill is really disgusting to run past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home