Monday, October 05, 2009

Glad I started this up again.. take 3

So 3.5 years or so later... lots has happened in my running life.. 5 half marathons,.. a multitude of 5 and 10K's... so here we are October 2009 just weeks away from signing up for my second Marathon the "Seattle Rock n Roll Marathon"... this marathon will take place June 26 2010... one day after my 45th birthday ushering in my first race in the 45-49 bracket.
Seattle was picked for a few reasons... one is Karen and I have friends in that area.. also I have challenged said friends to join me in this quest (at this point Jane (friend) and Karen (wife) are doing the half marathon.. still waiting on Kevin) .. a band every mile .. I also have a burgeoning love for the Pacific northwest.. and finally I get to both train and run the Marathon is some very good temperatures. For those who know me, you know I love running in the warmer weather.... So with a few friends joining in half the fun with me .. we will push forward into the grueling art of training.. hoping the experience of 6 years will allow this to be an even better experience than the first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home