Friday, October 16, 2009

Hockey... not a way to prepare for running...

.....or anything else for that matter but dammit it sure is fun. Really having second thoughts about playing cause it makes my legs hurt.. I'll continue on unless my legs really start hurting. i play cause yes it is fun but I enjoy the camaraderie and being part of a team which is in stark contrast to running, which is all solitude and not having anyone have your back... but then again you never get slashed in the shins while running or well that shouldn't happen.
2 weeks till signing up for the Seattle RnR @ the NYC Marathon Expo. Then it becomes real.. no refunds, no backing out.
5K next Saturday looking for a sub 22:00 haven't ran very much speed lately so I am not overly optimistic... not loving this cold fall weather (including snow.. SNOW in mid Oct..WTF??). also on the docket is a weird 5K within the confines of Yankee Stadium in mid Nov. then the Turkey trot 5 miler on T'giving morning.. and more than likely the Jingle Jog (7K) early December. That makes for 10+ races this past season which is above average for me.. but I love the races and it's the reason I run!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you believe a girl is reading about hockey. :) LOL


my mandie reed website

October 16, 2009 at 4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home