Sunday, September 12, 2004

9/12/04 - Sunday

Sunday - Sunny. Cool. Low 70's. 9:00am. 8 miles. What a beautiful morning. Went on the annual camping trip Friday evening and came home late Saturday night instead of staying the second night. How is that for commitment. This was a big run for me, if my knees hurt like last week I might have to scrap the whole thing. Happily my knees felt pretty good. The usual aches and pains while running were there but not the knee pain like I had last week. My knees were a little achey after but that subsided pretty quickly. So I am encouraged. From here on out I am not going to run back to back days if I can help it I think that will really help out my legs a great deal. I ran a bit slower today ending up with a 10:22 pace which included a 13 and 12 minute first 2 miles. I think slowing up will also help. Side note: Karen followed a long side of me in the car for about a mile and a half of the run.. was nice to have company. I am very glad to have her support it helps a great deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home