Saturday, September 18, 2004

9/18/04 - Saturday

Saturday - Cloudy. 60's. Cool and windy. 2:00pm. 12 miles. Hurricane Ivan stormed thru here today leaving down trees and plenty of standing water in his wake. I had to delay this run till the heavy rain passed. I made sure to eat and drink plenty so I hopefully would not cramp up like last time. I decided to go into Monroe and head down the Heritage Trail, which is a 9 mile trail from Goshen to Monroe. This is the first time on it and figured it would keep me out of traffic. There was lots of tree debris on the trail as well a a few flooded spots. It was a little boring cause it was pretty much a straight trail with little to see. After 6 miles I turned around and headed back unknowingly I had been running slightly down hill on the way out, now I noticed how much I was running down hill, the incline on the way back seemed never ending. Some where before mile 8 my left Achilles started to bark a bit, lots of stopping and stretching but I made it thru clocking 10 minute mile on average. Hopefully the achille thing is an aberration, I'll keep icing and hope for the best. Like I said before "it's always something". My beautiful bride surprised me by being there when I was done and had brought me some donuts.. I was starved. She intended to bring bagels but they were closed. So a new personal best in mileage.. two weeks to go till 16 miles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home