Saturday, August 21, 2004

8/21/04 - Saturday

Saturday - Raining, pouring, lightning, thundering, drizzling. 70's. Humid. 12:00pm and 3:30pm. 7 Miles. Interesting day of running and not running and running again. Heading out into my longest run of this training and the longest run of my life to date, I hit some weather problems. Dropped of by the pond in Monroe, I headed into the heart of town it started to rain a bit which was not a big deal, then it started raining harder... I ran into Smith Clove park to see how many miles I can cover in there.. then the skies opened up and hell was unleashed.. lots of lightening and thunder and torrential down pour. I found shelter underneath an awning with picnic tables. I though I would be set back 10-20 minutes, it ended up being an hour. Luckily a stranger with a cell phone wandered into my hut and I was able to call Karen so that she could come pick me up. Determined to run I had Karen drop me off on 9W an our way to her folks place and I ran the rest of the way! All in all it wasn't too bad..Drizzled along the way but it was a cooling rain.. didn't get hit by any cars so it was a bonus! 2 notes..running down steep hills sucks.. running up steep hills sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home