Sunday, October 03, 2004

10/3/04 - Sunday

Sunday - Sunny, low 70's. Perfect! 16 miles. So today was another milestone in training, 5 weeks till the big day and another personal long run. Went back down to the lake, its safe scenic and as I hoped there was a lot of peeps down there so I didn't feel lonely. It was a picture perfect day out, my sweat was evaporating as quickly as it was coming out of me. The first 8 were pretty good, really wasn't struggling. Kept the run a mile walk a minute thing going. My big mistake was not properly using my energy gels. I bonked a bit at 14 then again at 15. My left Achilles was also bothering me around 13 to 14, that slowed me down since I kept having to stretch. Overall I ran the half marathon in about 2:20 and the 16 in around 3 hours. Felt pretty good, can't believe I would still have another 10+ miles to run. Can't wait.
Karen felt she dropped the ball by not being there immediately after I was done. Considering she didn't have to be involved at all by coming with me, I would not call that dropping the ball. Once again she brought bagels and OJ..That's not dropping the ball that's scoring a touchdown in my eyes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home